Making of "Dream Garden Shed" by Ewelina Lekka
As I said before, I really enjoy creating green exteriors. For these renders, my biggest inspiration was the project "Kekkila Green Shed". I love the atmosphere as well as the place itself, which looks perfect to me. I decided to show this project in my own way, and the great Corona Renderer helped me with this :)
When I render based on photos, I try to make them as close to the original as possible, so it's a huge challenge for me :)
The modeling part was not so difficult. For the glass cabin, I used simple boxes and plans, converting them into Editable Poly. Before the converting, I checked the box "Create display coordinates" (Generate Mapping Coords), because I would like to have the correct mapping on my boards, rafters and posts without adding a modifier UVW Mapping.
To create the landscape, I used a simple plan (plane), converted to Editable Poly. Then I added "Populate Terrain" script, a little Noise, Smooth и UVW Mapping. I also added some effect «Push / Pull», to make this area more uneven, like in the real world.
The wooden planks on the floor were created using a plugin "Floor Generator".
I tried to create as many details as possible. This helped me get a more realistic end result. I worked on the details of the windows, adding some nails to the boards, hinges and a lock on the door.
Vegetation and forest debris
To create a green environment (grass, bushes, trees and plants) I used the plugin Forest Pack. Most of the trees from the free pack Vizpeople и great free collection of Andrey Mikhailenko, but there are also some models from Vizpark и Evermotion. I also used some models from Darstellungsart (leaves on bricks, ground, and a collection of bushes), who did a very good job on this project.
As I mentioned, I tried to work more on the details in this project, and so I also added some pebbles, as well as old bark, leaves, and small woody debris.
I have been looking for 3D brick models so many times. These bricks are a 3d scanned model from Quixel Megascan.
The materials in this project are quite simple, but of course I tried to make them as realistic as possible. Below are samples of wood and glass. For some potted plants and soils, I used scans from Quixel Megascans, which worked very well with displacement.
Lighting was one of the most important parts of this project. I wanted to create a warm, pleasant and sunny atmosphere that creates positive emotions. For lighting, I used only HDRI maps. For every sunlight scene, I used the same Free HDRI map from Darstellungsart, which worked even better than I expected. I only changed the position of the sun for each camera.
For the cloud and night scenes, I also used the same HDRI map from Peter Guthrie. The night scene was made with LightMix.
Below you can find my Corona Camera settings:
Corona Renderer did an amazing job for me, and so the post-production was the result of the process. I just changed the degree (levels) and curves a bit. For the best result.
As you can see, there is not much difference between the "Before and After" images.
Some images created to represent the scene.
It's all. I hope my article will be useful to you! Ewelina!