Commercial 3D Rendering and Visualization
Commercial 3D visualization helps to present the project in reality in all details and angles.
Today, not a single construction or design of interior design, landscape can do without this convenient technology. We tell you what commercial visualization is and by what tools it is implemented.
What is Commercial 3D Visualization?
With the help of modern computer and neural network technologies, it is easy to build 3D models of any real or non-existent objects. 3D Visualization is primarily needed to project customers, especially if they do not have specific spatial thinking to imagine the future building or urban landscape in all details.
The created model demonstrates from all angles and in detail all the properties and disadvantages, by the way, very often the latter are revealed precisely at this stage.
Commercial 3D visualization is necessary for everyone involved in the creation of the project, it helps to evaluate the final result in advance, to see in detail the color, style solutions, texture, texture of materials, their compatibility, and comfort for the end user.
Due to the detail of the image of three-dimensional models, the customer can immediately see several options for the project and choose the most adequate one. This saves a lot of money and costs for all parties involved in the development.
High-quality 3D visualization not only does not differ from the photo but also surpasses it, demonstrating all the details from different angles, approaching or moving away from the object.
The main goal of commercial visualization is to sell a space that is created for a specific audience. To do this, the visualizer must not only be able to work with technologies and programs, but also be able to read drawings, and also understand what the architect has invested in his project.
In what Styles are 3D Models Created?
The implementation style of the 3D demonstration is selected depending on the tasks set by the customer. Usually, 3D visualization designers work on a ready-made project, where there are detailed planar drawings and technical conditions are known. But it often happens that a project requires a creative approach, when the visualizer acts not just as a transmitter of the customer's ideas, but helps to create them. In this case, you can play with styles and different types of images.
- Photography. The model of the future project in the form of a high-resolution photo perfectly shows all the details, colors, shapes and textures, and how they fit together and fit into the overall volume of the room. True, the photo has one significant drawback - it shows objects from only one angle.
3D layouts allow you to capture the general idea of the project. As a rule, this is a three-dimensional copy of a structure, any object, landscape or interior. It can be presented in an enlarged or reduced form. Modeling is used in various fields: from architecture to industrial production.
- 3D movement. At the request of the customer, any 3D model can be presented in motion. In this case, the decision is made in the form of a cartoon, game, concept art with various special effects. In this way, you can create a whole world in which real or fantastic events can take place. The play of light and shadow, changing weather conditions, artificial lighting, various filters will help to simulate and present the behavior of an object in different conditions.
Augmented reality VR technologies will allow you to get to know the future building or landscape more closely, to feel its scale, to walk around all corners and interesting places.
Panoramic tours with the help of interior visualization help to better study the layout, evaluate the relevance of details.
Features of Architectural 3D Visualization
The three-dimensional model of a virtual building has the following important features and characteristics:
- The effect of presence allows you to evaluate all the details of the project in the shortest possible time, identify possible shortcomings and evaluate the structure from all sides.
- The client gets the most visual representation of the result thanks to a realistic photo or video.
- The scale of the object is easy to change and see the surroundings of the building, create a convenient environment project and make changes if necessary.
- In the 3D model, you can change the weather conditions, see how the building will look at different times of the year and day, in different lighting conditions.
Pros and Cons of 3D Visualization of future structures
The advantages of creating 3D Models include:
- You can create a three-dimensional model of both real and non-existent structures.
- Visualization helps to design all the details of the interior and utilities, to see how the building will look after construction.
- In the 3D model, shortcomings are easily identified and eliminated immediately, which saves the cost of materials and human labor.
- Thanks to visualization, you can more accurately prepare documentation, including estimates.
However, with all the advantages, 3D architecture visualization also has disadvantages:
- It is not always possible to implement the project created by the visualizer. This happens if the customer initially incorrectly calculated his budget and did not work out the basic concept of the future object.
- The cost of the 3D project is added to the cost of construction at the customer's. In addition, the development of 3D visualization usually takes from several days to several weeks.
Where are Architectural 3D Visualizers Trained?
Ideally, if the visualizer has a basic education in architecture, which is given in higher educational institutions. Such a specialist already has basic skills in the design of buildings and structures, understands technical documentation, drawings, has an idea of the technical requirements for construction and regulatory documentation.
To learn architectural animation means to master modern professional computer programs and applications with which work is performed. The visualizer must be able to work with the following software:
- Autodesk 3dsMax - 3D modeling, animation for creating games and designing structures during construction;
- Autodesk Softimage, Aartform Curvy 3D, Side Effects Houdini - excellent editors for creating three-dimensional models, animations and various objects;
- V-Ray and Corona Renderer - plugins for rendering, used with other programs and applications, such as Autodesk 3ds Max, Autodesk Maya, Blender and others.
- FStormRender - productive and powerful engine used with 3ds Max;
- Matte painting and SpeedTree tools help to finish drawing plants and objects.
There are a huge number of professional tools for 3D visualization and the visualizer must constantly learn new things, improve his competence in the field of innovative technologies. There are various courses for this.
In conclusion, we can say that today neither construction nor interior design is possible without commercial visualization.
This technology allows you to significantly reduce costs, avoid design errors and present the project in a more favorable light to the end audience.